Reviving the Art of India: Recreating the traditional 'Sanganeri Block Print'

Sanganer Block Printing is a traditional printing technique, practiced mainly in Jaipur, and various other parts of India. Sanganeri motifs are a blend of flower, leaves, buds, etc.
traditional indian art with paint brush, paint brush pen and poster colors, sanganer block prints
Tools used for recreating block prints on paper

The block prints of sanganer are usually done on a white, or off- white background.
The cloth is first prepared, and then the wooden blocks are employed for the block printing process. Colors made of natural vegetable dyes, (however nowadays, synthetic dyes too) are used for the purpose.

Sanganeri block prints are in high demand, today. They are mainly preferred for home décor, making bed covers, bed sheets, fancy phone cases, Kurtis, etc.

Today, I tried ‘recreating’ one such sanganeri print with poster colors and water colors, on my drawing sheet. Have a look:
reviving Indian art and tradition: sanganer block printing, with paint and paper
Sanganer Block Print
How I created the design: I began with sketching out the very basic line with a HB pencil. For flowers, I just made a rough circle kind of figure (all this must be done with a very light, and free hand). After this, I took out my black poster color, and paint brush (of 2 or 3 number), and then I, very carefully, followed the lines I made with pencil, and later, added some other details too, such as the leaves.

Let all this dry. Afterwards, with my paint brush pen and water colors, I painted the flowers blue (this was my favorite part, actually!).

And, yes! I successfully recreated the sanganeri block print, with paint and paper :D

Hope you creative design guys like it! You may please feel free to rate this painting in comments below and also suggest your intelligent suggestions :)

Follow the blog on all social sites: FacebookTwitter and Instagram@ilovesketchart to get latest updates!

Related videos



Related:
http://gaatha.com/syahi-begar/

Also:
Have you seen my creativity in Mount Rushmore in pencil sketch? You will like it :)

Comments

Popular Posts

FontExplorer X - Makes Everyone an Expert
336x280 In Doers We Trust