How to do 'Light Painting' using Long Exposure photography

Hi guys. Sorry that I didn’t write anything for so long, and obviously no excuses this time, but I just realized that I have be acting lazy for long now, and I’m just procrastinating all the work, that I’m supposed to do these days :’(

As an apology, today I am sharing something very different and new (for me). So I recently tried light painting while exploring the bulb mode on the DSLR. I really enjoyed exploring this one; hope you too have a good time, reading this.

Exploring the bulb mode

‘Bulb Mode’ is a feature present in the DSLRs, which allows one to click a photograph, as long as the shutter is pressed.
This feature is used for long exposure photography (mainly at night). It is present mainly in the manual mode of any DSLR, and its main advantage is that the photographer can go beyond given shutter speed options present otherwise.

So, I was just experimenting and tried shooting some very-very basic photographs using the bulb mode on my Canon 200D and phone's flash light (as the light source). Here are some of those explorations:

light painting technique tutorial

slow shutter speed, manual mode photography

 Pro level applications of bulb mode (and long exposure photography):

  • Light painting (one which I did),
  • To shoot star trails,
  • To capture lights on road at night,
  • For capturing fireworks,
  • To capture lightening, and so on.
time-exposure shutter speed hacks

Now since, Diwali is around, I’ll be trying to click some photographs including fireworks as my subject, to explore bulb mode further and will share my more experiences then :D

Happy Diwali, in advance :)

manual mode DSLR light painting


There's a lot more to come. I'll be posting more photographs soon. Till then, stay  tuned!

Hope you creative design guys like it! You may please feel free to leave your queries (if any) in comments below and also suggest your intelligent suggestions :)

Follow the blog on all social sites: FacebookTwitter and Instagram@ilovesketchart to get latest updates!



Videos you may like

Comments

Popular Posts

FontExplorer X - Makes Everyone an Expert
336x280 In Doers We Trust