Tutorial for Product Photography like a Pro: Easy DIY

Heya! I am finally done with my semester exams. This sem, I had studio photography as one of my subjects, wherein we majorly focused on 'Portrait Photography in studio' and 'Product Photography'.
For my jury (final evaluation) for this subject, I chose jhumkas (earrings) as my product for my product photography series. I tried to do my best, however there were some areas where i could have improved, as my faculties said in their feedback, so as to do even better.
So sharing some of my work in this post today, along with the improvements to be implemented.

  • These oxidized jhumkas, along with bright color tassels are my current favorite. For my composition, I have used dried pine cones, which I had once collected when I went to a park for nature live sketching, the previous year; and dried leaves, which i got from a tree nearby my studio :p The background in a normal A3-sized black sheet.
Now, according to my faculties, shadows were missing from the composition. Shadows are important so that the composition doesn't look completely flat.
Other than this, they liked the composition, frame, color and the props overall.

oxidized jewelry product photography tutorial and tips

  • For my next pair of jhumkas,i had used pebbles, which I found lying sadly under the deadly Sun, behind the creepy walls of my hostel; and the same dried leaves along the black sheet as before.
This image was shot using two external light sources. Initially, I had tried to shoot using only one, but then the side sans light source turned out to be way too dark every time, so I was compelled to do it in the presence of two light sources.

product photography with basic set-up at home for beginners 
  • This composition employs pebbles, along with a crepe cloth, kept on a sand paper to provide a background.
The problem with this one is that, the subject is center aligned in the frame, making it look less professional and less aesthetic.
Instead, I should have employed the 'Thirds Rule' for a nice frame.

shadows, rule of thirds and depth of field in studio photography

Here's the second part to this series: Easy E-commerce Product Photography tutorial for beginners
There's a lot more to come. Till then, stay  tuned!

Hope you creative design guys like it! You may please feel free to leave your queries (if any) in comments below and also suggest your intelligent suggestions :)

Follow the blog on all social sites: FacebookTwitter and Instagram@ilovesketchart to get latest updates!


Buy my Original work, direct from ADOBE STOCK and encourage me, I'm still a Design Student, Thank you!

Video you may like

Comments

Popular Posts

FontExplorer X - Makes Everyone an Expert
336x280 In Doers We Trust