Charcoal Painting: A Pot

We have done a lot with pencil sketching...so, I thought, to introduce you all to another type of painting- painting made of 'Charcoal'.



learn to make a charcoal painting


Charcoal painting : A Pot



This is my first painting made of charcoal.

How I made it: Manavi Mam (my drawing teacher) kept an earthen pot in front of me, on a table, and I was asked to sketch it with pencil first (with not putting too much pressure on the hand). After I was done, I was given a stick of charcoal and was asked to highlight the darker areas on the pot (where the light was not falling). I did the same. After that, I used a tissue paper and smudged the charcoal in the lighter areas too (which completed my painting). Then, I gave it a final ‘touch-up’. And Yeeee! Finally, the painting was completed! It was all fun :)


Magical Trick: Always use tissue paper or some soft paper while smudging (charcoal, pencil, or even anything else!). Never do it with your hands, as it could be harmful for the skin and the body.





P.S.-I used 'Camlin Charcoal', but you can use some other brand too.

Follow the blog on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram@ilovesketchart to get latest updates!

Comments

Popular Posts

FontExplorer X - Makes Everyone an Expert
336x280 In Doers We Trust