Pencil Sketch: Drapery and Nike Bottle

Hello friends! I am back with some other interesting stuff for you :) Have a look at this!



pencil sketch of drapery




Pencil sketch : study of light effects on drapery.




It is a pencil sketch for the study of drapery*. Here, I am showing you this, so you can have an idea of how we have to observe the shades of light falling on a cloth.





How I made it:  Manavi mam, told me that it is important to know how to give effects of light, even on clothes...so I begin! She arranged a piece of cloth and a bottle, and kept them in front of me with some light effects. She told me to observe the difference in shades of light on the cloth, from where it had folds, its plain surface and all.... and just draw what I saw. After some time, when I was done, I couldn't believe my eyes!  I had made almost the same thing which I was able to see...it was really looking realistic. OMG! I was glad to see that, and my mam also said that I have done a good job :)





Magical Trick: While shading the effects of light on drapery, make strokes in only one direction, otherwise it will not give that realistic effect. For example, in this sketch I just made the strokes from top to bottom.





*drapery- Cloth or clothing gracefully arranged in loose folds.



Follow the blog on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram@ilovesketchart to get latest updates!

Comments

Popular Posts

FontExplorer X - Makes Everyone an Expert
336x280 In Doers We Trust