Silhouette Painting: Mix Medium

What are Silhouette Paintings?
Silhouette is the representation of the image of a person, animal or thing as a solid object, and using a single color (generally black), with its edges matching the outline of the subject.
Silhouette paintings are composed of various kinds of silhouettes, usually painted on different beautiful backgrounds (or sometimes, no background at all!)


Yesterday, I tried making my own Silhouette Painting. Here it is, have a look:


Silhouette Painting: Mix Medium, pencil colors

Silhouette Painting: Mix Medium




How I made it: First of all, to be very clear, I made it using pencil colors and poster colors, and not acrylic paints. So, basically, it is a super easy DIY tutorial to make a silhouette painting using the ‘mix medium’.

I began with sketching out the scene I wanted to paint. When I was done with that, I took my pencil colors and started shading, leaving those parts, which I wanted to paint black.

After that, I used black poster color, and painted the ship, tree, etc. Finally, to give the final look to my painting, I used white poster color, to paint the stars, and their reflection in the water.


PRO tip:
1. While using pencil colors, ALWAYS remember to do layering, that is, to color in layers, as it will help in giving multiple shades of the pencil colors, and will also enhance the look of the painting.

2. When I was painting the silhouette of the ship, it found it difficult to paint the minute details using the brush and paint, so I used a black ball point pen instead (that was was a secret though- HAHAHA!).



Happy Sketching! :)

Follow the blog on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram@ilovesketchart to get latest updates!

Comments

Popular Posts

FontExplorer X - Makes Everyone an Expert
336x280 In Doers We Trust